And the Mahatma should know ’bout that stuff..
I have spent a truck load of time working on my personal brand in the last year or so. My personal brand is #heart, and that’s my logo up above. Behind this a credo which is the guts of it all. For me living with #heart means acting with courage, intuition and love – this is my credo. I’ve written about it before here, and about being authentic in my previous post here.
Working through all this took a great deal of time and I’ve written about it here but its been the most worthwhile exercise I’ve probably ever done, because it forced me to get to the heart of who I am and what I stand for, and because of this it now enables me to truly live my values. A personal brand says to the world “this is who I am” and more importantly “this is what I stand for” As an individual it is incredibly important to me to live my values and what’s more its brought far more harmony to my life, and consequently more happiness. It’s a wonderful feeling when all the parts of you are heading in the same direction. Does that sound odd? I used to feel scattered, with bits of me all over the place. This process has enabled me to metaphorically gather myself back together and progress. I imagined all those scattered little pieces tied to me with tiny ropes and all pulling in different directions, not a helpful image. But now I’m whole. Phew! The Mahatma was spot on with that quote at the beginning of this piece.
Figuring out my personal brand then made it super easy to design a logo with the help of a professional. It took about an hour of her time all up. Instead of messing round with a bunch of random ideas I’d done 90 percent of the thinking before I even got to the designer, so I saved money.
Here’s why you need your own brand.
- Decision making is easier because you filter it through your credo which is values based.
- You save money on products because you already know what is going to be in alignment with your values – 90 percent of the hard work is done when you work out your brand.
- You can apply your brand to your online presence – it becomes your image to the world. People immediately know what you’re all about. It doesn’t take a whole heap of effort on their part.
- Being able to stand up for what you believe in gives an amazing sense of self respect.
- Life is so much more efficient when you’re not fighting against yourself all the time!
I really really recommend going through this process, most of the work involved is thinking and that costs nothing.
May this be of use to you