Here’s my take on some common ways that we can raise our standards:
- By not allowing ourselves to be treated badly by other people
- Having only useful or beautiful objects in our homes
- Doing the daily work on our goals
- By not listening to the fearful voices inside our heads
- Keeping a tidy home – if we can tidy it for visitors, then surely we can give ourselves the respect of keeping it tidy always.
- By not allowing negative people and talk in our lives
- By only wearing clothing that is a true reflection of our personalities – nothing dull, ugly or scruffy
By raising our standards we restore our self respect and attract better opportunities into our lives, otherwise we’re stuck with the same-old same-old. In the words of Henry Ford “If you do the things you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got” Right on Henry.